For some reason Mother’s Day always creeps up on me. I have known for weeks it has been coming, but I got engrossed in other projects and did not start my mother’s day gift until Saturday.😳
I have had this mohair blend in my stash for what has seemed like FOREVER. In reality it most certainly has been a decade. (Sorry for no label information.) This yarn was an impulse buy in a Texas yarn shop that I don’t remember the name of either. I loved the color and the fluffiness of it so in my stash it went. Well I am so glad that I finally have some use for it. I made the Wisp scarf from Knitty’s Summer 2007 collection.
This scarf looks complicated, but if you know how to K2tog and yarn over you are golden. I was mostly finished by Sunday as you work the piece with US size 8’s and fingering weight yarn. Overall, I am very happy with the result.
I had to get a little creative with the blocking as I don’t have blocking wires.
If you like lacy patterns then I highly suggest the Wisp scarf. Crossing my fingers my mom does too.
I have made some great progress with my crochet lap blanket. I am currently at 17″ in length. Only 43″ more to go!
Happy Friday! Wishing you a smooth glide into the weekend. 😀
Until I get my knitting mojo back I will be working on two more Scraps Blanket. Like all fiber lovers I have a yarn stash and then a stash full of scraps. Time to put those scraps to use!
I am making a rectangular one:
And a circular one :
What are you working on this Wednesday?
Whenever I start a new project I have the greatest of intentions. I picture in my mind that my piece will come out looking amazing and just like the picture. Doesn’t this always happen for you?
Yet there are those times when things go wrong. In this case many things went wrong.
- I totally underestimated the amount of yarn I had. Since I was unraveling an old sweater I didn’t have the weight or yardage of the yarn. Which lead to problem #2
- I ran out of yarn! UGH UGH UGH. I tried to make some adjustments to the pattern to compensate for the lack of yardage, however, it just got worse. The sleeve openings were too tight, the length was too short, and the neckline was bonkers.
- The last issue was the yarn choice. As it worked up the draping of the yarn was well…yuck. The body of the sweater looked way too stiff and boxy.
I am feeling a little defeated right now. All that work for nothing. I don’t know if it is me or the patterns but it seems like no project will make this yarn happy. Frustrated with this fail, I am going to take a little break from knitting. There is a lack of creative energy flowing through my fingers right now. This Whit just doesn’t want to Knit.
It is a warm night so I have my chilled Chardonnay poured. Now what to work on…#wipproblems 😞
Recently, I participated in a testing pool group on Ravelry for a pattern for a child’s cat hat. I have always wanted to be a tester so I signed up and got knitting. I liked the pattern so much I made two!
Check out my project pages and keep the look out for the published pattern.
Cat Hat in Black
Cat Hat in Red